TRANSFORMING TEXAS VIA STUDENT SUCCESS
Trustee Leadership Series-Regional Meeting
WEST TEXAS: Odessa College,
Tuesday, May 10, 9am to 3 pm
MONDAY, APRIL 18th, Tarrant County College
SAVE THE DATE:
2016 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Friday, June 3 & Saturday, June 4, 2016
Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
CCATT BUSINESS MEETING
SATURDAY, JUNE 4th, 2016
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
During the Annual Business meeting on June 4th, the membership will be electing the following officers and board members for a two year term:
The membership will also be ratifying the Chair Elect promotion to the Chair position. The Nominations Committee will be taking nominations for the Secretary and Chair Elect Positions.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE ASSOCIATION OF TEXAS TRUSTEES
NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE PROCEDURES
ANNUAL MEETING JUNE 4, 2016
In accordance with Section 5.4 of the CCATT Bylaws, the Chair of the Board appointed the following persons to be on the Nominations Committee of CCATT for the Annual Meeting to be held on Saturday, June 4, 2016:
Chair: Belen Robles, Trustee, El Paso Community College
Jeffrey Richard, Trustee, Austin Community College
Roney McCrary, Trustee, College of the Mainland
Section 5.4 of the By laws has the following requirements in regard to nomination for the Board of Directors of CCATT:
- The Nominations Committee has the responsibility of preparing and submitting to the Board, nominations for officers and directors of the Association.
- Each person nominated by the nominating committee must have given his/her prior consent to the nomination and election as an officer or director.
- Each nominee is required to submit a letter of support from the Board of Directors on which the nominee serves to the Association’s Secretary prior to the election of officers and directors.
- The Nominations Committee report on nominations is required to be submitted to the Board for approval prior to the Annual Meeting.
- The slate of nominees for election is required to be delivered with the notice of the Annual Meeting, as provided in the Bylaws.
- The Nominating Committee is required, in making its recommendations for a slate of candidates, and in particular, but not limited to, the positions to be filled by directors at large, take into consideration nominating trustees from Districts which have not previously had a trustee on the Board and to use its best efforts to so nominate such trustees.
- It is the policy of the Association to have a Board comprised of as many members from diverse regions of the Texas Community College community as possible.
As noted above, the slate of nominees needs to be submitted to the Board prior to the Annual meeting, and the notice of the meeting to the Districts and Members is required to be delivered no sooner than April 5, 2016 and no later than May 5, 2015. Consequently, the Nominations Committee will need to prepare a slate of candidates and obtain the consents from the nominees and letters of support from the Districts in time for the Board to have a meeting to consider the nominations and for the Director to send the notice of the meeting no later than May 5, 2016.
TRUSTEE LEADERSHIP SERIES:
NORTH TEXAS: Tarrant County College, Monday, April 18
ACCESS THE INFORMATION AND DR. MURDOCK AND DR. RENDON'S SLIDES FROM THE EVENT, CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW:
SOUTH TEXAS: Laredo Community College, Tuesday, April 5
KEYNOTE SPEAKER-DR. STEVE MURDOCK
ACCESS THE INFORMATION AND DR. MURDOCK'S SLIDES FROM THE EVENT, CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW:
CENTRAL TEXAS REGION
October 29th, 2015
TEMPLE COLLEGE, Temple, TX
ACCESS THE INFORMATION FROM THE EVENT BELOW:
Click on the slides from the Central Texas Regional Meeting Below:
SOUTHEAST TEXAS REGION:
November 5, 2015
SAN JACINTO COLLEGE, Houston, TX
ACCESS THE IFNORMAITON FROM THE EVENT BELOW:
Click on the slides from the Texas Gulf Coast Regional Meeting Below:
Congratulations to O'Connell Robertson
on their 65th Anniversary!
LINK for Images of the Firm's 65 years of valued service
This initiative will provide regional professional development meetings throughout Texas. The goal of the series is to provide Texas Community College Boards the tools to make informed decisions at the policy level to reduce barriers and increase student success.
MONDAY, APRIL 18th